Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Baby, You're a Firework

We celebrated Independence Day last night with a firework show at a big park in a neighboring city ... and many people had the very same idea! It turned into a pretty crazy evening with a 2.5-year-old and 5-month-old (and R is fighting a bad cold), but we accomplished what we set out to do. And I must say, our family looked the part in all our red, white and blue! The kids both loved the fireworks - Collin was mesmerized - it was the getting there and getting home that involved some whining and fussing in the car. We didn't get home until almost 11, so this was one more bit of proof that my anal-about-their-schedule ways aren't totally for nothing ;-)
Look how well I'm sitting up!
Maybe the only time I stood still for half a second from running and dancing :)

My  attempt to get their photo together wasn't a complete success, but here's what we managed to get before we left the house.


Can you believe how much Sydney changes from one July 4th to the next?! Here she is in 2010, 2011 and 2012. Holy smokes.


And since it was his very first July 4th, it seems appropriate to end with my favorite picture of him from the night. I also love his onesie --- I feel like this kid really could eat up some BBQ! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment