Wednesday, April 17, 2013

N.C. Zootastic

This past weekend was bee-yoo-ti-ful! Randall was back in our old stomping grounds of Northwest Arkansas for a golf tournament, so my mom came down to spend the weekend with us. Saturday, we took the kids to the North Carolina Zoo, which is a little over an hour from our house. Wow! It is my new favorite zoo. My boss had given me tips on where to park, where to start, and where to end up to have a less hilly experience... and now I am even more grateful for her advice. The zoo is gigantic and VERY hilly. We got our exercise for the day, that's for sure! We ended up buying a membership for the year, so I can't wait to go back again and again. Randall is going to love it. The kids were in heaven. Here are just a few pictures from the day. The animals have so much room (hence, all the walking). It is truly a lovely space.


On the tram from Africa to North America

The first exhibit we saw --- yuck.


Bison!

Baboons
 


Loved how the giraffes, zebras, and ostriches all live together
Sydney's #1 favorite - the ostrich!
Mrs. Lion
My favorite!

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty zoo! It looks like your views weren't hindered by a lot of fences either. We are going to try to make it to the Tulsa zoo in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete