Friday, February 15, 2013

American Idol Jr.

I'm so happy to see another season of American Idol on TV, but I am hating the judges. Seriously. I miss Simon, still, and now I also miss Steven and J.Lo. However, I love watching talent shows, so I'm sticking with it.

Maybe in 15 years or so, we'll see this little star take the stage.

First, here's our performer in pajamas singing Doe A Deer from the Sound of Music.



And here she is singing one Randall taught her recently, Old Man Tucker. I'll put the lyrics here in case you love it so much you want to learn it (or if you have trouble understanding her) :)  I've since learned that this is a variation of "Old Dan Tucker" from Little House on the Prairie. Who knew?!

Old Man Tucker was a fine old man
Washed his face in a fryin' pan
Combed his hair with a wagon wheel
Died with a toothpick in his will

Gone away is Old Man Tucker
You're too late to get your supper
Supper's over and dinner's cookin'
Old Man Tucker was just standin' there lookin'


And to finish out this video-filled post, here are our two sweeties the other night when Randall was out of town. I wanted to send him a video. They were going berserk in the tub. It is their favorite time together, I think! Are Collin's little waves not the SWEEEEEETEST things?


1 comment: