His invitation turned out so cute, first of all. Thanks to Elle Bee Designs in Arkansas (find her on Facebook!).
The room set-up was simple. The cake was vanilla and the cupcakes were chocolate - both were delicious! The cake was made at a local bakery in VA. And we asked Randall's brother's wife's mom (you got that?!) to handle all of the food. She caters on the side and is awesome at it. This turned out to be a very smart decision on our end. She did much better than we would have done, and it was a huge stress relief since we were coming from out of town.
|I loved his little outfit. Kudos to Randall for picking it out!!|
And here are some shots of some of the guests. It was great to see family and friends; I just wish we had more photos of the attendees!
And of course Sydney was the best helper of the day. Collin's present opening went MUCH faster than at her own first birthday party because she didn't have an older sibling to basically take over the whole process. She had a blast and looked pretty cute in the process, I'd say. :)
At one year old, here are some highlights about our big boy:
- He weighs 25 pounds and is 85th percentile in both height and weight (that's only 7 pounds lighter than his 3-year-old sis!)
- He is walking, cautiously but surely. I think in the next few weeks, he will prefer it over crawling.
- He moved up to a new classroom, where they sit in chairs at a table, and they sleep in cots instead of cribs. He's getting so big!
- He isn't saying much that makes sense, but lots of things that sound like dadda, momma, baba, bye-bye... or something like that :)
- He's facing front in the car (no judgement please) and loves it. We figure he's as big as some 2-year-olds, so we feel ok about our decision.
- He loves all food. ALL. FOOD. I think walking will only help his ever-growing tummy :)
- Collin is convinced his bottle is for milk and his sippy cup is only for juice. We're working hard to get him off the bottle! If his sippy has juice, he drinks it down. If it has milk, he throws it on the floor or just pours it on his face. Lovely.
- He LOVES his sister so very much, even when she's not being a perfect big sister. I hope they continue to be as close as they are right now. They both laugh all the time at each other.
- Collin is just the sweetest boy. I know we say this all the time, but it's true. I couldn't have asked for a better son.