Thursday, July 7, 2011

BABY News & Toddler Stats!

We're not exactly sure if the world is ready for another Strickland, but we are going to find out in January!! Here's the first peek at Sydney's little sister or brother. He/She had a very strong heartbeat of 169 beats per minute at yesterday's ultrasound. I've been feeling great - just like with my first pregnancy - so here's hoping all the good news continues. It's such a happy time for us, and we couldn't be more excited!

In toddler world, Sydney had her 18-month check-up yesterday. She weighed in at 24.5 pounds and was 29.5 inches long ---- 50th percentile on both. We, of course, don't think our little gal is average in many areas, but happy to see that she is in these areas. Haha!

Dropping Sydney off in her new classroom this week continues to suck - pardon my French. She is thriving according to her teachers, but the initial hand-off is just awful. I am sure this will get better, but today was day three of me wanting to cry right along with her (I did cry Tuesday, which I realize was counterproductive). This too shall pass!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad it's official. :) What was Sydney's initial heartrate? I can't wait to hear if she's having a brother or sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I call girl!

    Hope things get better with Sydney's transition! Took about a week for Isaiah to do better at drop-off when he switched rooms.

    ReplyDelete