Friday, January 21, 2011

School's Out for Snow!

Sydney and I were very lucky to have a snow day together Thursday. When the public schools close, Sydney's school opens at 10 a.m. but when the university closes, her school closes, too. I really didn't want to drive on the icy/snowy roads, so it was nice we got to stay put. She has been dealing with a cold the past couple of days, so a day with mommy was just what she wanted/needed. The only thing that would have made the day better is if Randall could have stayed home with us! We went outside for a grand total of 10 minutes, and I didn't take any pictures out there. I don't have quite the right snow gear for either of us, so we both were over it pretty quickly! Next year when she's bigger we'll get a good sled and proper attire.
 
I love our house, but I love it even more with some snow around it (this was taken today, Friday, after much of the snow already melted). It looks and feels so cozy to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment