Monday, September 26, 2011

Randall's Birthday Bash

As you probably know, on Sept. 15, I (Randall) turned the big 4-0. I know a lot of people struggle with hitting this milestone, but I feel like I have so many things to celebrate, I was really looking forward to it. The evening did not disappoint. Danielle planned a wonderful birthday celebration at a local pizza joint, and 40 of our closest friends made it out for the event. It was a great night from beginning to end, with great friends, good food, and spirits galore. On top of the wonderful party, I was spoiled with many gifts from my friends, mostly of the brown liquor variety (my fave). Even though friends and family from back home were sorely missed, my wonderful wife and the local gang made it a birthday celebration I won't soon forget...or perhaps I will, I am 40, ya know!
This was the room upon arrival, before guests
The cake was awesome and my favorite part was my wife's clever slogan that adorned the cake: "Fore Tee and on to the back nine"

My wife, a fan of the dramatic, insisted on 40 candles, and as you see, it took two to complete the task.



 
 
 
 
 
These are just a few shots from the night ... good folks having a good time. And on a school night, no less.
 
Getting so many goodies made me feel like such a kid again. But no 13-year-old ever had a bar stocked like mine is now!
Again, I want to thank my lovely wife for making this such a memorable birthday. She knew a big party with close friends was right up my alley, but if I had to pick one person to celebrate with for the rest of my life, it would be her. (And no, she didn't make me write this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment