Thursday, February 11, 2010

Nap time = Productivity

During Sydney's long afternoon nap, I tackled a project I've been wanting to get started on for awhile: cleaning out all of my clothes. My boss did this recently and she sounded so happy talking about it, I decided it was worth doing. My criteria for putting things in the donate/throw out piles were:

#1 It's out of style. Plain and simple, I don't like it anymore. Or, I can recall the year I bought it, and it starts with a "19.."
#2 It's too small, and even if it fits again someday, I don't like it. And by the way, it will fit again because I've set a weight loss goal to reach in time for our August cruise vacation. :)
#3 It's too big ... because I will NOT be moving in that direction! Besides, if you're trying to lose weight, the worst thing you can do is swallow yourself in big clothes.

So, it was that simple. Tons of clothes fell into these categories and here is the result. The next step is to bag it all up and drive it away! Maybe I'll tackle shoes tomorrow ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment